Sunday, February 23, 2014

programa

Written on Friday, February 21th.

As I write this, I am covered with salt. Why? Because I went snorkeling this morning! And since we are only allotted one shower a day, I am not going to waste it in case I plan to jump in the ocean a little later. What a life. I am so thankful that I can be here having this experience.

They keep us quite busy and this is my first afternoon off all week. Our schedule changes from day to day (although it always begins at 7am) and involves lectures, field excursions, and other activities in local communities. The agenda is constantly in flux and often the plans keep changing up to an hour before the activity. They say we are learning how to “live in the field” and I believe them but sometimes it is hard especially when we don’t know when our assignments are due.

Every Tuesday and Thursday we have Spanish class for 4 hours. Our last session is this coming Tuesday. The best part about it is that we take a boat to class since it is on a neighboring island. I love the boat rides. Not only are the views always gorgeous but it is so pleasant to sit there and enjoy the fresh ocean air blowing in my face.

My friend Tara enjoying a boat ride.


Sundays are our only day off from scheduled program time and also the only day we have to cook food for ourselves (aka scavenging for leftovers). Some people go into Bocas town on Isla Colon but so far my Sundays have consisted mostly of relaxing, baking, running/swimming, and attempting to get a head start on homework.

A strawberry poison dart frog I saw on a run.



Token Rhinoceros beetle.


No comments:

Post a Comment